The exhaustion levels have gotten to me a bit this week. So much so that I have just taken myself off to the doctor. Turns out that I have a combination of both a kidney and a gallbladder infection happening which probably completely explains why I’ve been feeling so blah for a few weeks. The pain up my back isn’t a weight lifting tweak after all lol Guess this is one of those times that my high pain tolerance level has caused me to miss some warning signs again 😉 Super stoked to find that its not just my imagination and I’m not being a big girls blouse complaining that I’m knackered 😀
Anyway, its meant that I pretty much haven’t had the energy to do as much as I would like. I’ve even been staying in bed till after 9 on the weekends and found myself just lying on the couch watching the TV at night. Hope to be all up and running again fairly soon. The doc’s got me on some antibiotics that are about the same size as horse tranquillisers. I’m supposed to take them with food but I swear they are big enough to be a meal on their own hehe 😉
So the limit of my endeavours this week were 2 knitted squares for the blankie
I have a hate on for this square. It has taken me 2 weeks and 5 attempts to get it done. Its by no means perfect but quite frankly after making it 5 times its lucky I haven’t set fire to it. I have no idea why it was so freakin hard to get done but it really has been the bain of my existence for the past 2 weeks.
After finish the square that shall never be attempted again I went on to this one and finished it in just a couple of hours. No unknitting or any drama. Just a nice little knitting time.
I made a nice little score this week.
A friends mother is going into a home and they are packing up her things. She has been a crafter from way back and her family are not so guess who is getting some cool stuff 🙂 Half of those cottons are silks! I’ve not used them much but that could all change soon 😉
I found this whilst listlessly trawling the internet not stitching or anything this week.
I think I am in love. I have never attempted, nor been terribly turned on by, quilting but I am going to have to give it a go for this baby. I can see it living on our spare bed not showing up nearly as much of Simon’s black fur unlike the current store bought white one does (did not think that through at purchase). Family have all been told that I just want Spotlight vouchers for Christmas as this is going to get expensive 😀
I also gathered some other bits and pieces.
This is for a simple little project that won’t take much to put together. I will leave the rest of that for a surprise when completed 😀
Oh, and last but not least. I spotted these little fella’s in a window down town and they just make me smile 😀 They are making me go hmmmm how do I make one. Might have to try a couple of things . . .
This weeks planned achievements:
- Turn the elephant and dragon stitches into cushions
- Finish Natalies cushion cover
- Knit 2 squares for patchwork blanket
- Finish transcribing GG’s war diary
Last weeks planned achievements:
- Turn the elephant and dragon stitches into cushions – Nope
- Finish Natalies cushion cover – Nope
- Knit 2 squares for patchwork blanket – Yep! Yay me!!
- Finish transcribing GG’s war diary – Nope
Christmas Homemade List Progression:
- Kayla: Elephant cushion – Elephant stitched. Need to turn into cushion
- Levi: Photo/scrapbook page of him with Nana Fay – Must track down a decent photo first up.
- Jordyn: Dream catcher – Had a practice run which am giving to a friend for her birthday. Second attempt coming up soon
- Veronica: Knitted bunny? Maybe not?
- Natalie: Scary Movie cushion – Have pillowcase and waste fabric. She also wants a small stitch for her favourite band – not started.
- Ralph: Stencil art? – Find something
Jamie: Photo with beach boarder – Completed
- Lunam Family Christmas: Dragon cushion – Stitched, just need to cushion it.
- Dad & Siblings: Memory stick of Great Grandad’s war diary’s and postcards – Have 6 memory sticks. All has been scanned. Need individual boxes with quick note inside to explain what is on the stick. Am about 1/3 of the way through Word document to translate the diary.
- Tash: Cross stitch photo – Finish it! Not going to happen I feel but worth a shot.
- Marie & Margaret – Make wine glass candles for them both
- The bosses – BBQ Gift basket – Make the rubs and possibly a couple of sauces? Jack Daniels?
- Neighbours – Pistachio & lemon shortbread