This week went a little better than the past couple regarding pretty much everything. Last Monday was a bank holiday here in little ole NZ and it was miserable as far as the weather was concerned. My darling husband ended up downstairs for the afternoon with our neighbour playing pool and calling each other rude names. This left me unchaperoned upstairs with the movie channel, fire, furry fat friends and my cross stitch. That combined with yesterdays effort has resulted in some good progress on Warm My Heart and a page finish 🙂
Wednesday night saw me wander downstairs with my knitting while my husband was watching the Lions test. I was hoping to knit up a bobble square for the patchwork blanket but I didn’t get that far along before I needed to find my bed. The next night saw 2 more rows before unravelling the whole thing and starting again. 2 rows of bobbles done and I spot a mistake further back that means another total unravel so I threw it in the corner for the night. Friday night saw 2 rows of bobbles and I ran out of puff so it was bedtime. Saturday I spotted a mistake 2 rows back that meant a minor unravel. Sunday saw to more minor unravels and FINALLY a completed square. I now officially hate bobble squares!
There are still way to many mistakes in that square but I just needed to accept this and walk away.
Friday I checked our bank account and got a lovely surprise of an unexpected dividend payout. Rather than be completely practical and pay bills then put the rest in savings I took myself off to the craft store to kit up an idea that I have had scratching at my brain for the past few weeks.
I have a Storykeep Selina Fenech cross stitch chart that I think might make a pretty cool floor rug.
I must have looked a little mad running around the knitting section at Spotlight. I got the skeins of DMC that the chart called for and ran around colour matching with balls of wool. This lead to loads of talking to myself and running around in circles pushing my basket with my toes as my hands were full of chart, skeins and wooly balls. It took forever but I think I am happy with the choices.
I have no idea how many ‘stitches’ I am going to get per ball of wool so went with 1000 per ball and am hoping for the best.
I love that the rug canvas comes in 10 x 10 squares. This is going to make life so much easier with the ‘stitch’ counting.
Of course I then couldn’t wait and just had to have a go 😀
Its going to be interesting as the balls are all different textures. I have either made a huge error in judgement or something that is going to be texturely sumptuous 😀 Only time will tell.
Its going to end up 0.5 x 2 metres in size so it may take me a week or 2 😉
Ka Kete Ano xx