Weekly craft update
Its 3 weeks till Christmas.
I’m running out of time and have had to face a couple of realities.
Nobody in the family will get back to me with a photo of Levi with his Nan so I am just going to have to scrap it for now. I won’t give up on this but reality says its going to be a next year project. So I am going to do him up a BBQ gift box also.
Ralph and I have agreed to no presents to each other this year as we are a little poor. I usually agree and then get him something anyway, he very rarely gets me anything. I have scrapped the idea of making him something for now as I just don’t have enough time left.
I still don’t know what to do for Ronnie but its not going to be a knitted bunny. I will need to do some googling and come up with a plan. I’m not going to scrap here present because she will not be the only child without a handmade gift. Trying to treat them all equal blah blah. I might make something that uses up some of the left over silk flowers from making this!
Its currently hanging a bit low as I have just popped it on to an existing hock but it looks fantastic 😀 Will add a bit more light and colour to wine time during the summer 😉 Not even close to helping get the Christmas stuff ready and not a part of the decorations but I have been itching to make this for weeks so 😛
Kayla finally left the house on Saturday afternoon! The poor little thing. She has never lived in Tauranga before so hasn’t any friends locally and hasn’t gotten a steady job yet so can’t really afford the petrol to go visiting. She’s had a couple visit her but its a busy time of year. She went and babysat her little cousins so I got her cushion made 🙂
Because I had the machine out I got the one for the Lunam family Christmas made as well 😀
Apart from that there was just a bunch of stitching on a Scary Movie cushion. 1750 stitches to be precise 🙂
Its only 2 more of the big letters then on to the small ones. After that I have to pull the waste canvas and we are done 🙂
If I knuckle down this week I might just get it all done 🙂
This weeks planned achievements:
- Finish Natalies cushion cover
- Jordyns dream catcher
- Make rubs for BBQ boxes. At least research some sauces for same
- Figure out what the heck to make, then make, something for Ronnie
- Finish putting together the memory stick gifts
Last weeks planned achievements:
- Turn the elephant and dragon stitches into cushions Achieved!!!!
- Finish Natalies cushion cover Nearly
- Jordyns dream catcher Nope
Christmas Homemade List Progression:
Kayla: Elephant cushion – Completed
- Levi: BBQ Basket same as bosses
- Jordyn: Dream catcher – Have wrapped first hoop
- Veronica: Not a clue
- Natalie: Scary Movie cushion – Nearly finished top row. She also wants a small stitch for her favourite band – not started.
Jamie: Photo with beach boarder – Completed Lunam Family Christmas: Dragon cushion – Completed
- Dad & Siblings: Memory stick of Great Grandad’s war diary’s and postcards – Found appropriate boxes on the weekend. Just need a quick note inside to explain what is on the stick and name tags.
- Tash: Cross stitch photo – Finish it! Not going to happen I feel but worth a shot.
Marie & Margaret – Completed Housekeepers – Completed
- The bosses – BBQ Gift basket – Make the rubs and possibly a couple of sauces? Jack Daniels?
- Neighbours – Pistachio & lemon shortbread