Weekly craft update
It was an interesting old week and a bit busy. Managed to achieve a bit though 🙂
I made my candles! I love making these things 🙂 Kayla hates them and thinks they are stupid but I think they are cute.
The trays are for the housekeepers and the triple sets are for the office ladies. The triple sets will be in gift boxes with wrapped chocolates sprinkled round 🙂
I wrapped the large steel hoop for Jordyns dream-catcher but that is as far as I got.
Thats it attached to the clothes airer. I will get it finished by the end of the coming weekend.
Progress was made on the cushion. Managed to get 1420 stitches in which wasn’t a bad effort considering how busy we were.
This weekend coming we don’t have much on, except a visit to a very pregnant cousin and her new home, as well as her newly engaged status 🙂 that is assuming that the new poppet doesn’t make an appearance. This also means that I should be able to get lots of stuff done. The only hiccup is my husband has finished making part 2 of my exciting personal project and I’m itching to climb into. I know I won’t be able to help myself on that one regardless of how short of time I am going to leave myself 🙂
This weeks planned achievements:
- Turn the elephant and dragon stitches into cushions
- Finish Natalies cushion cover
- Jordyns dream catcher
Last weeks planned achievements:
- Turn the elephant and dragon stitches into cushions Nope, K never left the house on the weekend. I’m sure it will happen soon.
- Finish Natalies cushion cover Nope but progress made.
- Jordyns dream catcher Started but not finished
- Make candles Achieved!
Christmas Homemade List Progression:
- Kayla: Elephant cushion – Elephant stitched. Need to turn into cushion
- Levi: Photo/scrapbook page of him with Nana Fay – Must track down a decent photo first up.
- Jordyn: Dream catcher – Have wrapped first hoop
- Veronica: Knitted bunny? Maybe not?
- Natalie: Scary Movie cushion – Have nearly 2 words complete. She also wants a small stitch for her favourite band – not started.
- Ralph: Stencil art? – Find something
Jamie: Photo with beach boarder – Completed
- Lunam Family Christmas: Dragon cushion – Stitched, just need to cushion it.
- Dad & Siblings: Memory stick of Great Grandad’s war diary’s and postcards – Everything typed, scanned and downloaded to sticks. Need individual boxes with quick note inside to explain what is on the stick.
- Tash: Cross stitch photo – Finish it! Not going to happen I feel but worth a shot.
Marie & Margaret – Completed Housekeepers – Completed
- The bosses – BBQ Gift basket – Make the rubs and possibly a couple of sauces? Jack Daniels?
- Neighbours – Pistachio & lemon shortbread