Weekly craft update
Once again a bit of a busy week in my world. Didn’t achieve all I set out to do but made good inroads 🙂 Exhaustion has been a bit high due to health issues but heck, could be a lot worse 😉
I managed to get one knitted square complete 🙂 Last weeks one was a bastard so it kinda put a damper on knitting enthusiasm but it is coming back 🙂 I find it soothing to knit at night after a busy day with my cup of bedtime tea and a couple of squares of chocolate. Bedtime tea is a combination of camomile & peppermint with some other stuff, necessary as I sleep worse than the poor people in Kaikoura at the moment. 4 hours in a row is a well rested night for me. Heads just too darn active 🙂
Anyway back to the knitting (I’m very ADHD and get distracted faster than a cat at a mouse convention, can you tell?) So I got this one done 🙂
Pretty little thing isn’t she 🙂 Came together nicely with only a couple of confused knit one purl ones lol
Made some in roads on Nat’s cushion cover. Nearly finished a word even lol
Pretty happy with it so far.
Got Granddad’s war diary, all 110+ pages of the sucker, typed up. The ending month in it was rather sad 😦 We have become so used to hearing the hero story’s of WWI & WWII that we forget how had it must have been on those boys.
After I finished I got everything scanned up and and transferred all to the 6 memory sticks. Now I get to the packaging part. I’m going to put them in pretty little boxes with each siblings named tagged to it and then inside the box is going to be a note to explain what’s on the stick. Hoping to make them pretty.
I also have a wee project for myself on the go that hit a wee snag on Sunday. The wire I got is too flimsy to hold a shape so my darling husband the engineer is making me something at work that will do better 🙂 Its not what you know but who you know haha ;D Hoping to get this today so that I can play with it tomorrow. I HAVE A DAY OFF WORK!!! 😀 😀 😀
This weeks planned achievements:
- Turn the elephant and dragon stitches into cushions
- Finish Natalies cushion cover
- Knit 2 squares for patchwork blanket
- Jordyns dream catcher
Last weeks planned achievements:
- Turn the elephant and dragon stitches into cushions – Nope
- Finish Natalies cushion cover – Nope
- Knit 2 squares for patchwork blanket – Got 1 done 🙂
- Finish transcribing GG’s war diary – Done!
Christmas Homemade List Progression:
- Kayla: Elephant cushion – Elephant stitched. Need to turn into cushion
- Levi: Photo/scrapbook page of him with Nana Fay – Must track down a decent photo first up.
- Jordyn: Dream catcher – Had a practice run which am giving to a friend for her birthday. Second attempt coming up soon
- Veronica: Knitted bunny? Maybe not?
- Natalie: Scary Movie cushion – Have half a word complete. She also wants a small stitch for her favourite band – not started.
- Ralph: Stencil art? – Find something
Jamie: Photo with beach boarder – Completed
- Lunam Family Christmas: Dragon cushion – Stitched, just need to cushion it.
- Dad & Siblings: Memory stick of Great Grandad’s war diary’s and postcards – Everything typed, scanned and downloaded to sticks. Need individual boxes with quick note inside to explain what is on the stick.
- Tash: Cross stitch photo – Finish it! Not going to happen I feel but worth a shot.
- Marie & Margaret – Make wine glass candles for them both
- The bosses – BBQ Gift basket – Make the rubs and possibly a couple of sauces? Jack Daniels?
- Neighbours – Pistachio & lemon shortbread