Weekly craft update
This week was not especially crafty. I’m knackered and my planned holiday last week went legs up when other people at work decided that their needs are more important than mine. I would not have been able to enjoy my time off if I had left Marie on her own in the office without the ability to have a break, get the mail or even do a bank run. Yea yea, I’m a sucker and should have just taken it as I booked 3 months ago before anyone else even considered it but I am just not that type of person. Oh well. I have 6 weeks leave owing so when I die of exhaustion then at least my funeral costs are covered with the holiday payout.
I got a little, and I do mean a little, cross stitching done on Nat’s cushion.
I also knitted the same square twice but made huge errors in it so have unravelled it for the 3rd time and started again. I can only blame knackeredness and drinking Chardonnay while knitting. Possibly not the best combination really haha.
So that was my limit for last week. Might try that break idea again for next week. Will see how this one rolls as we are getting closer to Christmas and taking time off before seems a little silly when I have a week off during our shut period, but I kinda need to focus a little better on these Christmas things. And sleep of course.
This weeks planned achievements:
- Turn the elephant and dragon stitches into cushions
- Finish Natalies cushion cover
- Knit 2 squares for patchwork blanket
- Finish transcribing GG’s war diary
Last weeks planned achievements:
- Turn the elephant and dragon stitches into cushions – Nope
- Finish Natalies cushion cover – Nope
- Knit 2 squares for patchwork blanket – Nope
- Finish transcribing GG’s war diary – Nope
Christmas Homemade List Progression:
- Kayla: Elephant cushion – Elephant stitched. Need to turn into cushion
- Levi: Photo/scrapbook page of him with Nana Fay – Must track down a decent photo first up.
- Jordyn: Dream catcher – Had a practice run which am giving to a friend for her birthday. Second attempt coming up soon
- Veronica: Knitted bunny? Maybe not?
- Natalie: Scary Movie cushion – Have pillowcase and waste fabric. She also wants a small stitch for her favourite band – not started.
- Ralph: Stencil art? – Find something
Jamie: Photo with beach boarder – Completed
- Lunam Family Christmas: Dragon cushion – Stitched, just need to cushion it.
- Dad & Siblings: Memory stick of Great Grandad’s war diary’s and postcards – Have 6 memory sticks. All has been scanned. Need individual boxes with quick note inside to explain what is on the stick. Am about 1/3 of the way through Word document to translate the diary.
- Tash: Cross stitch photo – Finish it! Not going to happen I feel but worth a shot.
- Marie & Margaret – Make wine glass candles for them both
- The bosses – BBQ Gift basket – Make the rubs and possibly a couple of sauces? Jack Daniels?
- Neighbours – Pistachio & lemon shortbread