Weekly Craft Update
Knitting was achieved! The yellow square was a piece of cake and I whacked that out in a couple of hours. The white one gave me a bit of trouble but mostly because my counting skills apparently went on holiday that night. I actually finished a third square but I found a 3 major flaws in it after I finished so will be redoing that one this week. Might have to throw its ball of wool out and get a new ball as I had huge trouble with it as it had snares and ties and thinning to breaking point. High quality wool my great aunt Fanny! Never believe all that you read.
Started Nat’s cushion cover. Got nearly no where on it but today is another day. We have a letter H completed
I also got in 500 stitches yesterday after noon on Warm My Heart but forgot the photo
Yesterday morning I sat down with my computer and got a good 3 hours in on the war diary. I only have about 30 more pages to go then I can put them all on stick. Its really interesting. His spelling, lack of punctuation and need to put capital letters into weird places is driving me crackers but following his story is fascinating, if not a little scary and sad in places. He mentions things in passing that must have been horrific to have witnessed and yet seems to keep his rather dry and sarcastic (so that’s where I get it from!) sense of humour intact. I will definitely publish it when I have finished.
So not as much achievement as I would like but better than the week before 🙂
This weeks planned achievements:
- Turn the elephant and dragon stitches into cushions
- Finish Natalies cushion cover
- Knit 2 squares for patchwork blanket
- Finish transcribing GG’s war diary
Last weeks planned achievements:
- Turn the elephant and dragon stitches into cushions – Nope, K’s home so need to wait till she’s out for an extended period of time
- Start Natalie’s scary movie cushion cover – Yep 🙂
- Knit 2 squares for patchwork blanket – Yep 🙂 almost got 3
- Transcribe at least 20 more pages of GG’s war diary – Yep :0) Had a good run and only about 30 pages left to transcribe
Christmas Homemade List Progression:
- Kayla: Elephant cushion – Elephant stitched. Need to turn into cushion
- Levi: Photo/scrapbook page of him with Nana Fay – Must track down a decent photo first up.
- Jordyn: Dream catcher – Had a practice run which am giving to a friend for her birthday. Second attempt coming up soon
- Veronica: Knitted bunny? Maybe not?
- Natalie: Scary Movie cushion – Have pillowcase and waste fabric. She also wants a small stitch for her favourite band – not started.
- Ralph: Stencil art? – Find something
Jamie: Photo with beach boarder – Completed
- Lunam Family Christmas: Dragon cushion – Stitched, just need to cushion it.
- Dad & Siblings: Memory stick of Great Grandad’s war diary’s and postcards – Have 6 memory sticks. All has been scanned. Need individual boxes with quick note inside to explain what is on the stick. Am about 1/3 of the way through Word document to translate the diary.
- Tash: Cross stitch photo – Finish it! Not going to happen I feel but worth a shot.
- Marie & Margaret – Make wine glass candles for them both
- The bosses – BBQ Gift basket – Make the rubs and possibly a couple of sauces? Jack Daniels?
- Neighbours – Pistachio & lemon shortbread