Weekly craft update
Well the week went according to plan right up to Friday morning. Work isn’t as hectic as it has been recently so I managed to get both my knitted squares completed. One on Tuesday night and one on Thursday night
The first square was actually teal but as it was stitched and photographed at night the flash makes it look grey. the second actually is grey. They both stitched up real easy and I didn’t have to unpick anything 🙂 Starting to feel like a real stitcher I am 😀
Friday morning dawned with me all excited for the weekend because we had visitors last weekend, are having visitors next weekend and then the following weekend my daughter Kayla is due home and moving back in with us so this meant it was our final weekend home allow for what could be a very long time. This all went legs up with a phone call from my cousin saying she was on her way down and would be with us by 9pm that night and would stay till Sunday. My stitching was now in the minimal basket. I had hoped to stitch to at least level 13 on my current challenge but had to settle for level 10. which was for 1001 stitches. All up I managed to stitch 5996 stitches over 3 weeks whilst working full time and have a life so that’s not too bad. Oh and I managed to finish stitching my dragon cushion.
Now I just need to cushion it. That’s not your eyes by the way. The fabric is a Colour Cascade one and is variegated purples and blues that hint at green.
After finishing me wee dragon I went to start the next project, Nat’s scary movie cushion, but had made a wee booboo and the waste canvas that I had in stash was way too small so it was a non-starter. As my cousin had just left and I needed some me time, also darling husband needed some also and it was Bathurst weekend, I went and hid downstairs with Warm My Heart for the afternoon. Some good progress was made and dinner hit the table around 8ish. My bad haha
Sorry the photo is not the greatest.
As an aside, I removed Dianne from the christmas list. Nope, she’s not in the naughty corner. Dianne is an avid quilter. I found in a second hand bin a collection of novels centred around quilting. I’m going to basket them up with a mug, comfy Satin pj’s with maybe a matching robe and hot chocolate treats. As this is just assembly and not being made by me she comes off the list.
I’m probably not going to achieve much of my list this week as we are having friends to stay on the weekend but its worth a shot 😉
This weeks planned achievements:
- Turn the elephant and dragon stitches into cushions
- Start Natalie’s scary movie cushion cover
- Knit 2 squares for patchwork blanket
- Transcribe at least 20 more pages of GG’s war dairy
Last weeks planned achievements:
- Finish dragon cushion – Finished stitching just need to cushion
- Start Natalie’s scary movie cushion – Nope
- Knit a couple of squares for patchwork blanket – Yep
- Transcribe at least 20 more pages of GG’s war diary – Nope
Christmas Homemade List Progression:
- Kayla: Elephant cushion – Elephant stitched. Need to turn into cushion
- Levi: Photo/scrapbook page of him with Nana Fay – Must track down a decent photo first up.
- Jordyn: Dream catcher – Had a practice run which am giving to a friend for her birthday. Second attempt coming up soon
- Veronica: Knitted bunny? Maybe not?
- Natalie: Scary Movie cushion – Have pillowcase and waste fabric. She also wants a small stitch for her favourite band – not started.
- Ralph: Stencil art? – Find something
Jamie: Photo with beach boarder – Completed
- Lunam Family Christmas: Dragon cushion – Stitched, just need to cushion it.
- Dad & Siblings: Memory stick of Great Grandad’s war diary’s and postcards – Have 6 memory sticks. All has been scanned. Need individual boxes with quick note inside to explain what is on the stick. Am about 1/3 of the way through Word document to translate the diary.
- Tash: Cross stitch photo – Finish it! Not going to happen I feel but worth a shot.
- Marie & Margaret – Make wine glass candles for them both
- The bosses – BBQ Gift basket – Make the rubs and possibly a couple of sauces? Jack Daniels?
- Neighbours – Pistachio & lemon shortbread