Weekly craft update
Wow! Another busy week has just flown by. Didn’t get much of a chance to do anything this past week as we just never got home early enough so I threw it all into the weekend.
Saturday morning and my mum came around for a bit. After the housework and after she arrived (an hour late which is actually early for her hahaha) it was stitching time.
Mum bought her knitting which is a hat and scarf combo but the hat wouldn’t fit my head, which is ridiculously little, so she spent the first 1.5 hours unravelling it, the poor thing. Its very fluffy wool so it was really slow going for her.
I was working on my dragon cushion and made great progress on that.
We also had a friend of my husbands arrive from out of town to stay for the night. After mum left at around 3.30 I made a visit too the supermarket for dinner and snacks. 4.30 and the first bottle of wine was opened and it was all over rover for stitching, or any form of sanity really, for the remainder of that day 🙂
Sunday dawned wet and dreary. I was rather pleased I took water and panadol to bed as I had grave fears that the wine was going to kick my butt judging by my rather wobbly state at bedtime the night before.
I settled into the transcript of my Great Grandfathers war diary after our friend left with copious amounts of coffee and made some good progress on this. Its slow going as he was not the best at spelling nor punctuation and this can lead to delete’s, re-writes, google searches for place names or to find if that is an actually word and occasional bouts of prolific swearing. I am up to about page 40 out of over a 100 so this may take a couple more sessions before its done. I am, however, actually enjoying the process as I am absorbing the detail a lot better than if I was just reading it. I think I will publish a copy of it on here after I am done.
After a quick lunch I headed downstairs and left my husband with the sports channel while I wiled away the rest of the day working on the dragon cushion 🙂 Its moving along rather fast and I can see the end in site.
This week is probably the least amount of achievement that I have done for a while but oh well 🙂 Life is made to be lived and live it was I am doing 🙂
This weeks planned achievements:
- Finish dragon cushion
- Start Natalie’s scary movie cushion
- Knit a couple of squares for patchwork blanket
- Transcribe at least 20 more pages of GG’s war diary
Christmas Homemade List Progression:
- Kayla: Elephant cushion – Elephant stitched. Need to turn into cushion
- Levi: Photo of him with Nana Fay – Must track down a decent photo first up.
- Jordyn: Dream catcher – Had a practice run which am giving to a friend for her birthday. Second attempt coming up soon
- Veronica: Knitted bunny? Maybe not?
- Natalie: Scary Movie cushion – Have pillowcase and waste fabric. She also wants a small stitch for her favourite band – not started.
- Ralph: Stencil art? – Find something
Jamie: Photo with beach boarder – Completed
- Dianne: Not a clue – must come up with something. Hot chocolate/sundae basket?
- Lunam Family Christmas: Dragon cushion – Nearly stitched.
- Dad & Siblings: Memory stick of Great Grandad’s war diary’s and postcards – Have 6 memory sticks. All has been scanned. Need individual boxes with quick note inside to explain what is on the stick. Am about 1/3 of the way through Word document to translate the diary.
- Tash: Cross stitch photo – Finish it! Not going to happen I feel but worth a shot.
- Marie & Margaret – Make wine glass candles for them both
- The bosses – BBQ Gift basket – Make the rubs and possibly a couple of sauces? Jack Daniels?
- Neighbours – Pistachio & lemon shortbread