The weekly craft update
The rain just doesn’t want to let up. It has rained pretty much constantly since April. We may have had the mildest winter on record but its also been the wettest. Which is fantastic for crafting, not so great for running. This weekend was supposed to be the quarter marathon but it never stopped raining from Saturday evening through to Monday morning with multiple road closures due to flooding and slips, so I gave it a miss. Our youngest 2 girls (my husbands from previous marriage) were supposed to be up for the week as it is school holidays but the road was closed due to major slips and the detour is a further 3 hours above there already 4 hour drive so we won’t see them for a couple more weeks sadly. They have study leave coming up soon so hopefully then.
Still a rainy weekend is fantastic for stitching 😀 this is a good thing as during the week I accomplished pretty much nothing haha 🙂 The weekend saw 1,865 stitches achieved and most of season 4 of Angel.
Kayla’s Elephant is complete. It has turned out beautiful! 😀 I just need to make it into a cushion now 🙂
Due to this finish I flipped the fabric around (Its rather large) and started on the Dragon cushion.
Sunday night saw me rather over stitching so I got the old stripey blanket out and have a happy couple of hours knitting 🙂
Accidently found a super Shakespeare’s Hamlet quote that could be made into small roll cushion, which also had a sister stitch so could be a second one to go with the first. I am currently in the land of too many cushions and not enough couch or bed so they probably won’t be made for me but I am so tempted to get them regardless. I would have already cept they are not downloadable and I would have to have them sent from the UK which is rather off putting. I would rather download them. Hmmmm something to think on
Christmas Homemade List Progression:
- Kayla: Elephant cushion – Elephant stitched. Need to turn into cushion
- Levi: Photo of him with Nana Fay – Must track down a decent photo first up.
- Jordyn: Dream catcher – Had a practice run which am giving to a friend for her birthday. Second attempt coming up soon
- Veronica: Knitted bunny?
- Natalie: Scary Movie cushion – Have pillowcase and waste fabric. She also wants a small stitch for her favourite band – not started.
- Ralph: Stencil art? – Find something
Jamie: Photo with beach boarder – Completed
- Dianne: Not a clue – must come up with something. Hot chocolate/sundae basket?
- Lunam Family Christmas: Dragon cushion – Started stitching.
- Dad & Siblings: Memory stick of Great Grandad’s war diary’s and postcards – Have 6 memory sticks.All has been scanned. Individual boxes with quick note inside to explain what is on the stick.
- Tash: Cross stitch photo – Finish it! Not going to happen I feel but worth a shot.
- Marie – Wine glass candles
- Margaret – Hmmmm
- The bosses – Some sort of gift basket. Need a theme