The weather was hideous over the weekend, lots of flooding and landslides around the country. For me it was fantastic! I got to spend the weekend having fun making stuff 😀 It had been a rather long, wet week which contained my birthday which was quiet this year without Kayla being home but Ralph and my dad spoilt me which was nice 😀
Saturday I made my first Dream Catcher and I think I love it. Am giving it away to a friend for her birthday today. I learnt a lot and there were some very definite flaws but I love it 🙂 Some turquoise and glass beading but loads of mussel and paua shell beads. So happy, and the cat didn’t try to eat it 😀
I finally got a page finish, and therefore a challenge finish, on my HAED Warm My Heart. Still love stitching this but its going to have to move sideways for a little while so that I can get some Christmas stuff done and I also need to get Tash’s one finished. Or until there is another HAED challenge 😉
I also managed to get 2 patches finished for my knitted patchwork blanket. I had to restart this one as I was knitting it too tight so it scrunched up. Not a good look at all lol It was also a bit time consuming to knit and seemed to take forever but we got there in the end. Not a great photo as it would not lay flat but I give you Chevron Striped Square
I also finished Basketweave Square. It only took just over an hour and came together a breeze 🙂
I started Kayla’s elephant and made good progress on that. I think I could probably finish it this week. Was rather weird stitching 2 over 2 as I have not done this in forever and tend to always stitch 1 over 1 on 28 count fabric. The stitches seemed HUGE! Looks great though and I am loving how the fabric looks.
Kayla is currently in Manhattan doing touristy stuff so there were a few hurried messages after yesterdays bomb blast. I slept crap last night because now I’m worried about her safety, something I haven’t been until now. Just a mothers frettings. She heads to Washington on the 21st.
Sunday afternoon we broke into the neighbours house (slight exaggeration as we have a key and the codes) as they are home today after touring Europe and the UK for the past 5 months. We set up a welcome home banner across the lounge. We also set up a note and the gift of a hair brush from Simon cat so that they can brush him during morning coffee’s. We also set up a note from us with a bottle of bubbles and some cheese and crackers. Mental note: Next time don’t leave front door open while inside. It took us 10 minutes to catch Simon cat who followed us in. We would run one way and he would run the other and is way more manoeuvrable under tables and things. We had to corner him behind the couch at which point he yelled loudly and I am pretty sure he called us rude words. We are just rather grateful that he came looking for us as its a big house and could have ended badly hahahahaha 😀 When we came downstairs he was waiting for us a the door pressed against the window still swearing at us.
My Stripy Strip Blanket popped out of hibernation last night for the first time in a few weeks. I got one more stripe done in cream and have done 2 rows of the nest chestnut stripe. This one might stay out this week for a bit of a play. Didn’t get a photo this morning sorry.
A decision was made that all family Secret Santa presents will definitely be hand made this year. I have decided that this year everyone can sort themselves out so instead of me making 4 gifts Ralph, Kayla and Levi can make their own 🙂 I’m such a mean mummy/wife 😉
This weeks goals:
- Finish Kayla’s elephant stitch. Maybe get the cushion put together but only really worried about the stitch.
- Get 5 stripes on the Stripy Strip Blanket done just so that I feel its had some progress.
- Get started on the memory sticks for the Aunties and Uncles. I want to have the diary scanned by the end of next weekend and maybe start on the typed version.
- Start Natalie’s Scary Movie Cushion
Christmas List Progression:
- Kayla: Elephant cushion – About 1/3 of the way through stitching elephant
- Levi: Photo of him with Nana Fay – Must track down a decent photo first up.
- Jordyn: Dream catcher – Had a practice run which am giving to a friend for her birthday. Second attempt coming up soon 😀
- Veronica: Knitted bunny?
- Natalie: Scary Movie cushion – Have pillowcase and waste fabric. She also wants a small stitch for her favourite band – not started.
- Ralph: Stencil art? – Find something
Jamie: Photo with beach boarder – Completed
- Dianne: Not a clue – must come up with something. Hot chocolate/sundae basket?
- Lunam Family Christmas: Dragon cushion – Have fabric and design
- Dad & Siblings: Memory stick of Great Grandad’s war diary’s and postcards – Have 6 memory sticks, just need to scan the stuff. Individual boxes with quick note inside to explain what is on the stick.
- Tash: Cross stitch photo – Finish it! Not going to happen I feel but worth a shot.
- Marie – Wine glass candles
- Margaret – Hmmmm
- The bosses – Some sort of gift basket. Need a theme